Classical Reform Judaism
Central Reform Temple was conceived as a “contemporary Classical Reform” congregation, rooted in the historic liberal ideals and distinctive worship traditions of the liberal Jewish tradition in America, interpreted in creative new ways.
- A focus on the spiritual dimension of Jewish commitment, encouraging our individual paths of exploration as we seek to understand the possibilities of faith in our lives.
- A meaningful, inclusive and accessible worship Service, primarily in English, drawn from the contemporary, gender-inclusive revision of the Union Prayer Book- the historic liturgy af American Reform Judaism. Our worship is enhanced by choral music both traditional and modern, sung in both Hebrew and English, accompanied by organ, keyboard and guitar.
- The ethical values, grounded in the timeless, universal vision of our Hebrew Prophets, are at the core of our understanding of Judaism – inspiring our personal decision making and communal responsibility as primary expressions of our religious commitment as Jews.
- The centrality of the American experience of freedom and pluralism in our Jewish identity.
- A warm, unconditional welcome and support for interfaith families, spiritual seekers, and all who seek to join us in worship, study and service, regardless of religious background.